Thursday, April 8, 2010

NaPoWriMo #8 - Drifting

Drifting

A little heat rises
from a tube of dried leaves clenched
between my lips. The breath
is mine. The fire too.
The sad, distracted smoke?
All you.

-- Mar Walker, curmudgeon

Love is a figment. Figs are preferable. But I hate figs too.
The prompt was to find a metaphor for your current love. What current love I might ask....The photo was taken at a high school play. It's a little over exposed, sort of like love....  Just for the record, I don't smoke either.

5 comments:

poemblaze said...

In a Deanna Troi moment, I will say, "I sense cynicism!" Hang in there. It will bowl you over one day.

1965 Footprints said...

Beautiful poem.

Dan Rako said...

I like this poem. Lots.
"...sad, distracted smoke?"
Good work!

BlueNile said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this, Mar!!!!!!!!!

Erobintica said...

Interesting that we both sort of had a fire theme going on today.