Wednesday, April 7, 2010

NaPoWriMo #7 - Pointless

Pointless

Your picture still pricks like cactus
when an unread letter announces
your death -- five years ago.
Too late to slap you now. 
Damn it.

( i did have six lines. so now I have altered the lines breaks to make five lines)
-- Mar Walker
Unresolved hurt makes havoc with grief.
The PROMPT:  "Write and capture humorous incidents related to love in a 5-line love poem called a tanka."  I got the five line part, and the love part. I missed the humor and settled for irony.....   

7 comments:

Alan Summers said...

It works for me, humor comes in all shapes and sizes, and both tanka (and haiku/senryu) capture it all. ;-)

Alan
www.withwords.org.uk

Robin said...

Powerful! I like it! Shows how pain never goes away.

Jenna said...

I count 6 lines. . . But that's okay! Because I enjoyed this anyhow. :)

joannejohns said...

Hahaha! Love it :)

rallentanda said...

I like it too!

pieceofpie said...

oh man that was puuurrrrfectly peaceful... i had to laugh out loud for no other reason than yeah!!! erotic engine

Mad Mar said...

OMG I didn't realize I had six lines..... arrgh... I do have 31 syllables I think.... hmmmm have to redo the line breaks.....