Monday, April 20, 2009

Uncle Eddie on the lamb: Edward H Smith





Mom came home from the hospital Saturday morning, and Sunday - early in the morning - we got a call from mom's sister, my Aunt Flo in Florida who wanted to let us know that Uncle Eddie, who was 83 years of age, had died. It's been a heck of year. Oddly I find I know less about my uncle at the moment, then I do about any of the other folks I lost this past year. I know he was in the Navy. That he loved to go to VFW everyday at 4p.m. for beer and conversation and enjoyed eating breakfast at MacDonalds. He and Aunt Flo lived on Hazel Street in Norwalk, CT for many years. Though I know a bit about his habits and personality in later life - I know next to nothing about any other aspect of his life. In this video you can see Eddie engaged in two of his favorite pastimes: drinking a beer and being a rascal.....


 Edward H. Smith, 83 of Kenneth City died April 19, 2009. Mr. Smith was born in Stamford, CT, and was a Navy veteran of WWII. He was the beloved husband of Florence; loving father of John and Denise, grandfather of 11, great grandfather of 16. Funeral services will be held at Bay Pines National Cemetery 10:45 A.M. Friday April 24, 2009. In lieu of flowers memorials to a favorite charity. Arrangements are by R. Lee Williams & Son.

No comments: