Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Dad's Truck had Molten Jumpin' Again

On Saturday, September 10, I got to hear one of my favorite local groups. It's always a happy night when you get to hear My Dad's Truck, a Danbury based trio comprised of Susan Lang, Leif Smith, Bill Wisnowski. They play what they call "Free Range Acoustic," which is a wonderfully flavorful description of the smorgesborg of sound they offer. They have a great fan base of regulars who attend their gigs also.
"My Dad's Truck performs with rich harmonies, diverse instrumentation, and an improvisational spirit. All of the members play multiple instruments, which include percussion from around the world, bluegrass instruments, assorted reeds and horns, ukulele, accordion, guitarron (a fretless Mexican bass), acoustic-electric bass, mandolin, mandola, and, of course, guitar."
-- from their Facebook fan page  


No comments: