Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oil Painting: Odd dome of slopes



This is oil on canvas. I was thinking about skiing when I painted it.

I don't ski - anymore.  I tried it once and learned two things:  First: Don't do anything strenuous on the last run of the day when you are tired. Second, my date was an inconsiderate narcissist.

After a day practicing on the kiddy slopes while he skiied, the last run of the day he took me up to a real trail. He should have known better. I lost control, fell head over teakettle, tore a ligament and couldn't stand up. He screamed at me to get up, because  I was embarrassing him by lying there in the way.

You don't have to tell me twice. Prince Charming was a a hideous troll under the skin. The Ski patrol was much more accommodating and polite.  You really don't know someone until something goes wrong.