Friday, January 5, 2007

dancer with head feathers

This image was in my head after watching an African dance troop in action. I wouldn't swear to it, but I think I made this in MS Paint or NeoPaint. I have run sequentially though so many different computers and operating systems over the years - AMIGA, Radio Shack, three PC systems and an Apple. I have tried lots of the inexpensive of paint and graphic handling programs too, View Print Pro, and versions of PhotoPaint programs that came with various printers and cameras. In this little bit, both the movement and the colors have a pleasant sense of caprice. The spray nozzle splashes of color feel less then volumetric but grounded, while the accents of white give the feeling of canvas-showing-through lightness. I suppose it bears an unfortunate resemblance to a painting on black velvet. Not quite Elvis though.