Monday, March 1, 2010

Poet Laurel Peterson at Blue Z



Poet, and Norwalk Community College professor Laurel S. Peterson featured for the Wednesday Night Poetry Series last week.  During her reading, at one point I laughed so hard I lost my grip on my coffee cup which fell to the floor creating a lake of coffee.  It was during a poem where she was describing various things she contemplated doing to other women who pursued her husband....   I imagine she also is a fierce defender of battered or abused women - she is a co-founder of the Fairfield County Women’s Center. She also started the  women’s studies program at the college. Her chapbook, "That's the Way Music Sounds,"   from Finishing Line Press (July 2009) is available through Amazon.

Visit her webpage at http://www.laurelpeterson.com/  where you can read a few of her poems.

-- Mar Walker